The SAF-T Technical Assistance Center is a FREE resource to domestic violence shelters and their animal shelter and veterinary partners globally who have questions about co-housing people and pets of domestic violence.
The SAF-T Program Founder/CEO and Board of Directors are experienced professionals in the fields of domestic violence advocacy, animal protection, people and pet sheltering, criminal justice education, non-profit management, and community engagement.
The SAF-T Technical Assistance Center provides:
- Free expert technical assistance and individualized assistance for your domestic violence shelter from initial concept thru sustaining your program;
- Educational presentations (in-person or online) for shelter staff, supporters and community to help understand the need and importance of a SAF-T shelter;
- Providing letters of support to share with legislators, community leaders, government agencies, grant funders and insurance carriers;
- Access to the SAF-T Start-Up Manual to help you create the best program for your shelter, including free downloadable forms for your program; and
- Access to existing SAF-T Shelters thru the SAF-T Coalition to get your questions answered.
The SAF-T Program experts are available before, during and after implement of on-site pet housing. We are here to serve domestic violence shelters and their partners to help implement and sustain a successful on-site pet housing program and have been doing so since 2008.
The SAF-T Program is not able to communicate with victims and survivors for safety reasons and we refer those individuals to the online listing of SAF-T Shelters, the National Domestic Violence Hotline (800-799-7233) or their local domestic violence shelter for help.